gEDA-user: gEDA course in Brazil & gEDA/PCB etc. in some new distros

gEDA and PCB SWs course:

3 users of the brazilian gEDA users group, gEDA-br, will perform a
course about gEDA, PCB and Sketch in the PUC-PR Unversity, in
Curitiba-PR, november 10 to 14.

    The course will cover subjects as PCBs primary informations, the EDA
general softwares use, in the 2 days, by Emerson Cavalcanti
<emerson@pcbdesign.com.br>

    After this the course will be about gEDA in more 2 days, by Antonio
Todo Bom NEto <antonio@projetos.etc.br>

    And PCB software use in the last day, by Christian Schultz
<xultz@projetos.etc.br>

    Students and teachers from Computers Eng. and many others courses
are subscribing to learn about this softwares package.

    The course has been promoted and sponsored by PUC-PR and a FeniX
linux distro:
    http://www.sistemafenix.com.br

    This distro is packaging gEDA in its format (a .deb variant). FeniX
will be sold by aprox. U$30 with support, many office solutions and now
with all EDA solution, including the ABNT norms component library,
avaliable for Beta test in our ftp site and our CVS repository.
    ftp://base.projetos.etc.br/gedabr/ABNTSymbols

    Another solution in analisys is the GPL Kurumin distro, it is a very
good Knoppyx like distro, running directly from CD-ROM with no
installation necessary.
    This is very nice to newer Linux users and people that are afraid to
install Linux in their computer or their offices computers.
    An option to install the system to HD is avaliable, like Knoppix.

But, How to do it with no money?

    We are planning to promote this CD in the commerce. And to pay the
material and manpower we are searching for sponsors that will have their
names in the Screen Saver, KDE splash etc.
    We want to reach the price < U$ 5,00 for a CD with some papers, when
bought in a shop.
    BUT the sponsors will offer this CD with NO COST to their customers.
We are planning to offer this sponsoring quotes to PCB factorys as to
component shops and others. Then, we hope to put this CD in many
students hands, and to proffessionals with no charge.

    The support will be offered by geda-pt mail list. We will encourage
the new users to use mail list methods and the Free Source idea.

    Our goals are:
    * To reach some stundents, electronics proffesionals and eng.
offices with no cost to us or to them (when possible);
    * To promote the Open Source Code and specially gEDA, PCB and
friends SWs;
    * Create a good field to work teach and to offer support to its use;

--
Regards,
Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto

Assinatura Eletrônica:
Consulte www.keyserver.net para verificar assinatura para este
remetente, e validar a informação contida neste email.