Re: gEDA-user: What opensource spice to use?

Sorry if this is a duplicate e-mail; the first one got stomped on when
I tried to send it out, I think . . . .

Tclspice uses the ngspice-devel list for communication.  It has been
pretty dead for a couple of months.  However, tclspice is under active
development and is run by a guy named Stefan Jones who works for
MultiGig, a UK company:

http://www.multigig.com/

I recently submitted my readline patch to Stefan; I haven't heard
anything about it for a week or more.  In another week I will try to
ping him again.  Meanwhile, if you want a full-featured version of
tclspice with the readline patch incorporated, I can make it available
on my website.  Otherwise, wait for Stefan to make another release.

In any event, tclspice is a good choice as far as Open Source/Free
Software SPICEs go.  There are indeed people using it.

Stuart