Re: gEDA-user: What opensource spice to use?

Sure, I'd like the source with the patch.

Thanks,
Bill

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Tclspice uses the ngspice-devel mailing list for discussion. You are
right, however, it is very quiet.
As a project, ngspice is kind of moribund; tclspice is a fork of the
ngspice tree under more active development. The maintiner, Stefan
Jones, works for a company which apparently uses it for commercial
chip development; Stefan is in the enviable position of being able to
hack free software and get paid for it too!
I submitted my readline patch to Stefan a week or two ago, but I
haven't heard anything about incorporating it. I will ping him again
in another week. Meanwhile, if you are interested, I can make my
entire source distribution (with the readline stuff) available for
download. Just say the word.
Stuart

Thanks for the info (to both you and John). I'll try it out. The message board is completely empty, so I just wanted to make sure there were real users out there before starting to work with tclspice.

Bill