Re: gEDA-user: What opensource spice to use?

Terry Porter wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:41:05 -0500
Bill Cox <bill@viasic.com> wrote:

Hi.

I've got a nice path working for me from gschem -> gnetman -> LTSpice. I'm pretty happy with LTSpice under wine, but TCL-Spice sounds pretty cool.

Anyone out there had any luck with open-source SPICE?

Thanks,
Bill

I've been using gschem-->gnetlist(gnet-spice-sdb.scm)->ngspice(with readline) for about the last year and it works well for me.

I've heard this works well for flat designs, but I'm doing larger designs that have busses, hierarchy, and arrays of instances. I also needed other features, like default base tie-offs for 3-pin nmos and pmos devices, and global bus symbols for VDD and VSS. Basically, I needed support for hierarchical CMOS mixed signal IC design.

Bill