Re: gEDA-user: Garchive utility

> At that time, I proposed writing one in Python.  Now I have done just
> that

Thank you.

> 3.  Do a "make && make install" in your scripts directory.  You should
> now be ready to use garchive.

I did run in to this problem:

/opt/gEDA/bin/garchive: /usr/local/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file
or directory
bob@bob geda-utils-20030901 $

I created a symlink to the real one in /usr/bin on my system.
I know the problem is cause by the first line of garchive.py.
Some thing for configure to figure out I guess.

>Garchive automatically archives gschemrc and garchiverc (or the equivalent
>specified by the -f flag on the command line).  If these files are missing,
>garchive will be confused.

Could it not just assume they exists in that case?  I don't like the idea
of adding yet more files to maintain.

Also the run states "file created in /tmp".  Any security risks there?

--
                    http://www.softwaresafety.net/
       http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/