Re: gEDA-user: Comments after successfully running gnetman . . . .

El vie, 21-11-2003 a las 18:53, Stuart Brorson escribió:
> [snip]

>  I don't know what trouble Carlos is
> having . . . .

I really don't know what happened. I have to "rm -rf *", untar a clean
tarball, apply the patch and compile again to get it working...

> Carlos, since it worked for me, and I haven't made any other changes
> to the code, can you please forward your patch to Ales?
> Alternatively, I could forward it too, but you're the author, and
> should take credit!  Please let me know if you prefer me to forward
> it.

I will forward it to Ales if desired, but the main purpose of the patch
was to try if what you want was possible without major modifications.
The patch doesn't implement things as you liked (with a button and a new
window).... do you like it anyway?

> Some additional comments:
>
> *  I think that if we allow for multi-line attribs in the multi-line
> dialog box, then we need to have a column in the attrib display
> indicating if the attrib is single lined ('s') or multi-lined ('m').
> This would work something like the current "visibility" indicator.
>
> *  I don't know what happened to the black line which surrounds the
> multiple-lin text entry box.  Is this some kind of switch that needs
> to get set in the widget?  I am not an GTK+ expert . . . .

Which line? The only thing I noticed is that the background color of the
multiline text entry widget is clearer than the combo widget, so the
window has an strange look (well, I suppose the gtk theme we use has
something to do with this). As far as I know, I only replaced one widget
by another, and I don't know such GTK switch... :(

One more comment:

At least for me, if I enter a multiline text value, the text is
vertically justified in the attribute list. If the value has an even
number of lines, you will see half of a line and half of the next line,
so I don't like it very much. One solution is to hack a bit more, and
display always the first line and the multiline flag you mention, but I
think gschem needs a really good attribute editor...

Ales, is ABOUT-NLS file required in cvs? . When doing a cvs diff, this
file has always changed (near all of it). I suppose it's recreated when
compiling, so it's not really necessary in the CVS....

Regards,

Carlos

Juega con Ventura24.es, lotería inteligente y multiplica tus
posibilidades!! http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.ventura