Re: gEDA-user: which linux?

> What's your opinion? Not sure what other apps I'll run, but definitely
> the geda suite.

Disclaimer: I'm a Red Hat Employee.

I use Fedora Core for all my machines, including my work machines and
laptop, file server, etc.  The furnace runs Red Hat Linux 6.2 but only
because I haven't had time to upgrade it yet.  FC is reasonably up to
date without being unduly unstable, and is constantly maintained and
updated.

If you care about stability, RHEL is a good option because they
guarantee a five year livespan.  There are student discounts too, and
a variety of support packages.