Re: gEDA-user: pcb express

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:56:29AM +0100, antonio bergnoli wrote:
> anybody knows if is there something like Pcbexpress and DigiKey In
> Europe? I'm tired of paying import taxes.

For PCB production, I use www.pcb-pool.com; they're based in Ireland
and Germany, and therefore bill in euros.  They're usually competitive
on price, and IME their customer service is outstanding; they come
with my highest recommendation.

Electronics Weekly magazine also lists www.pcbtrain.co.uk and
www.top-tec-pcb.com, but I've never used them.  They're both in southern
England.

For components, it tends to get a bit more difficult, as the "official"
distributors for most manufacturers will often only deal with
businesses.  I mostly use rswww.com, with occasional orders to
www.farnell.co.uk for stuff that RS don't stock.  www.maplin.co.uk used
to be reasonably good, but they've gone down the "consumer tat" path and
are now virtually useless.

Someone more local to you might be able to suggest some more local
suppliers.

HTH...

Disclaimer: opinions here are my own, and not necessarily those of ST :-)

--
David Smith            Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx