Re: gEDA-user: pcb express

On Wednesday 09 Nov 2005 10:33, David SMITH wrote:
> www.pcb-pool.com;
> they come with my highest recommendation.

Me too.

>  I mostly use rswww.com, with occasional orders to
> www.farnell.co.uk for stuff that RS don't stock.

Me too, but vice-versa.

http://www.mainlinegroup.co.uk/mless/main.php are useful for certain
things. - Except when I checked that link it seems their warehouse has
just burned down :-(

eBay can be good for filling up the junk cupboard with common bits and
pieces, but not for any particular item you need to finish a project:
   Business->ElectricalTestEquip->Components

> www.maplin.co.uk
> used to be reasonably good, but they've gone down the "consumer tat"
> path and are now virtually useless.

The catalogue still has some useable stuff, but the shops don't stock
anything even slightly unusual. Last weekend I bought three 40 pin DIL
sockets and 5 32-way SIL socket strips at the Leicester branch and took
their entire stock of three stock lines.

Digikey charge £25 P&P on all orders under £75, and not much less until
£100 - lovely catalogue but totally unreasonable unless you have a huge
order.

--
Richard Urwin