Re: gEDA-user: Place to submit PCB footprints

As for QA, I would suggest a forum-style web site where people can post
their elements under a topic and others can leave comments, ie. whether
the element worked for them or not, and whether it meets the standard
style guidelines.

When the Geda/PCB developers are looking to release a new version of
their software, they can scan through and find elements that meet some
criteria (like minimum of one report of successful use in a project,
and no reports of problems).  Those elements can then be added to the
main distribution.

It might take a little longer for elements to show up in the releases,
but at least the ones that get in should be of high quality, and the
rest would be available at the contribution web site.

Unfortunately I´m pretty clueless when it comes to web design, but I
think such a site would need a couple of people in an admin role,
moderating, checking symbols for style compliance, and deleting
pictures of DJ. I don´t mind volunteering for some of this duty.

Matt