Re: gEDA-user: OT: Video camera hack

On Nov 15, 2005, at 3:09 PM, John Doty wrote:
Hacking electronics seems on-topic to a hobby electronics group :-)

Hobby? What hobby?

I was looking for a diplomatic way to say exactly the same thing. :)

Just last week, I was in Japan visiting a client. I showed them the
preliminary work I've done on the project in gEDA. Gave them the choice: I
could spend $30k on licenses for the commercial EDA they were using and
then learn it (with the meter running), or I could could continue in gEDA
and spend my time and their money on engineering instead. Funds and time
on this project aren't super tight, but they aren't unlimited, and neither
of us has perfect confidence in the paper budget and schedule. Took them
about a millisecond to come to the correct decision ;-)

Bravo. :-)

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "You'll have to be a lot more specific than 'that
Cape Coral, FL girl last night.'" -Ted McFadden