Re: gEDA-user: Old version of geda ?

From: "Stuart Brorson" <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx>

I downloaded the latest sources from=20
http://www.geda.seul.org/download.html
And I built them.

And I confirmed the timestamp on the executables and that I am running =
the right executable.

But the "help/about" menu says the version is 20040111.

So am I doing something wrong?

Yes, mine says 20050814. Check your $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and so on.

Paths were all fine. There is no older version on this system, it is a newly built box.

It seems I didn't have autoconf or automake or libtools installed. Not sure if they are needed or not. Also got the latest configure "guess" updates. This is on ubuntu 5.10. There is no convenient way to get a nice dev environment in ubuntu. You have to separately install gcc, and g++ and g77, and flex and bison, and on and on.

Blew everything away and rebuilt it starting at same tarballs. Now I have the correct string in "help/about" .
But the code is the same as before, same menus, same dialogs, no noticeable difference.

So it looks like some of the "configure" steps were quietly failing, leaving an old version number.

Regards,
Bert Douglas