Re: gEDA-user: Old version of geda ?

I am bewildered by this comment. I had the impression that this part is the same as Debian, so you would do: "sudo apt-get install gcc g++ g77 bison flex" and it is done.

Yes. This is so. But you have to know the names of all the packages.

So what happens is you try to build something and if fails. Then you try to figure out why the "./configure" failed. Generally it is very adaptive and trys a lot of different ways to get things to work before giving up. It is not clear what package is needed.

So you install one package and try again, and repeat about 20 or 30 times. Seems like a big waste of time.

There should be some master dependency package called "development environment", like exists on Fedora.

Regards,
Bert