gEDA-user: Newbie -- installation issues

Hi -

I tried installing gEDA on my machine (Debian Sarge) last night and when I tried using it this morning I had several problems before I could even do anything:

I tried opening gspiceui and got the following error message:

   Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
   detected.  The library used 2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++
   ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4), and your program used
   2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 102,wx
   containers,compatible with 2.4).
   Aborted

The only difference I see is ABI 1002 vs. ABI 102, but I have no idea what that means and what I need to do to fix it.

Any suggestions? I have many more where this came from but figure let's attack this one at a time. Please bear in mind that I am "halfway good" at Linux - meaning that I know just enough to cause a lot of problems. I may not know how to do what is suggested to me. Thanks!

-Ron Crummett