gEDA-user: Greetings! I am new here

Greetings everyone,

I am new to this list and to gEDA as well. I have been a long time user of
EAGLE on windows. Early this year i transformed myself into a Linux user
and supporter of everything Open Source. I have since been attempting to
use everything FOSS. There were two applications that remained commercial
on my box; EAGLE and VMLAB (An AVR simulator) through WINE.

I have long been wanting FOSS alternatives for the above. Recently i
discovered gEDA (Wonder how i missed that before though? ;-))

I have not fully understood the gEDA package yet but from the features list,
i am impressed. I would however like to read any review of the package if
available as i was unable to find anything worth while. Something in
comparison with EAGLE would be excellent. Is there any?

My prime interest, as might be any body else's, is what is the learning
curve? does it provide all the functionality that EAGLE provides? and what
is the performance in comparison with EAGLE?

I use EAGLE's Auto-Router quiet often and hence would like to know the
performance of PCB in this regard.

I use Kubuntu 5.10 and my installation is hence from the Ubuntu
repositories.

Thanks in advance.
--
Cheers!