RE: gEDA-user: `' in PCB documentation confusing

I see what you mean.  I just looked at the PCB manual though, on
http://pcb.sourceforge.net/pcb-20050127.html/Actions.html#Actions

It appears not to use `' for this purpose, just the change in font.  So
I don't see where the problem comes from.
Maybe the default behaviours has changed in a recent version of texinfo.

If anyone can find an example of the problem I could probably suggest a
way to solve it.