Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on a 512MB USB flash disk

A "Knoppix" like CD with gEDA would be ideal.  Much of the Knoppix standard Knoppix application could be removed to make room for gEDA.  Save gEDA data to a flash stick and you have true "take with you" portability.

John

James Cotton wrote:

Well with a bootable one you can plug it into a windows computer, reboot, and you are set to work.  With that you already need to be running linux.
james
 On 11/28/05, Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is cool, but it doesn't have the benefit of being able to sit down at =
> different computer and work on the same project /w the same tools which is
> what I was envisioning.

Ummm, unless I am missing something, Marvin's suggestion involves
putting both the project *and* the tools onto the flash stick.  You
carry the flash stick from one computer to another.  All
you need to make sure is to set the $PATH on each computer correctly
to find the gEDA Suite executables on the flash.

Or am I missing something?

Stuart