Re: gEDA-user: footprint=

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Karel Kulhavy wrote:

> The page
> http://geda.seul.org/docs/current/attributes/node16.html
> is describing the footprint= attribute, but it isn't describing how
> to determine the appropriate footprint= attribute for a footprint
> which I display in the PCB program from the Window -> Library.
>
> This is the most important information regarding the "footprint="
> attribute, without this information the user is unable to make a board.
>
> I suggest this information to be added to the page.

But that only applies if you're doing your board layout with PCB. That may
be what *you* do, but it isn't what I do. Gschem and gnetlist are general
purpose tools.

John Doty          "You can't confuse me, that's my job."
MIT-related mail:                       jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other mail:                             jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx