Re: gEDA-user: fork of pcb ?

> > > The problem lies not with the experienced user (i.e. readers of
> > > geda-user), but rather with newbies who tend to be kind of clueless,
> > > and will just Google on the name of the program when they want
> > > specific usage help.  Making their lives easier is a good thing for
> > > everybody.
> >=20
> > The problem also lies with whoever makes packages for linux/bsd=20
> > distributions.
> >=20
> > The distributions will not permit two different packages with the same na=
> me.
> >=20
> > So if both packages make it into popular linux/bsd distributions, there=20
> > *will* be a name change of some kind.
>
> I think we should organise a vote for this in the comunity.
>
> What do you say?

Personally, I think the developers -- Dan, Harry, and DJ -- are the
ones to make the choice.  They are the ones who do the work on the
program, and they are the ones who have CVS access.  If they want to
change the name, fine.  If they don't, fine.

They may be interested in what users think, but I'd wait for them to
solicit opinions before calling a vote.

Stuart