From: Steve Meier <smeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 30, 2005 8:40 AM
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: RoHS compliant fab & assy drawing notes

This is a fine forum for these kinds of questions.

see the web site leadfree.ipc.org

I believe FR4 is complient.

The next issue is surface finish. So HALS is out.. Hot Air Level Solder.

Talk to your vendor but mine recomended a IS410 (gold surface finsh).

Then I presume all your components will be complient (check the data
sheets and pick the proper part numbers). Watch out some manufacturors
are not changing part numbers but rather saying that parts after a
certain date code will be complient.

Lead Tin solder is out. Some sort of Silver Tin is in (i think) higher
temperatures are involved.

Steve Meier