Re: gEDA-user: wxPCB Goals

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 07:40 am, Dan McMahill wrote:

> > * Designator renumbering and back-annotation to gschem files.
>
> I have some thoughts about the back-annotation bit.  It would be nice to
> avoid pcb and gschem needing to know too much about each others internal
> file formats.

I agree.   It will be necessary to know the relevant location of the designators on the board,
don't know how to get that without the internal information about positions?

> > * BOM generator.
>
> is this different than the one which is already in pcb?

It is a plug in that will do different formats of aggregation, and output formats,
such as Tab Separated Value that could be imported to Excel.