Re: gEDA-user: OT: FPGAs, SDSL, Ronjas...

On Nov 2, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
When the ISP detects this,

Do you think that ISPs have nothing better to do than go into the low
level debug features of their DSLAMs, look at individual packets in hex
etc. to detect that I started using a different implementation of their
line management protocol?

Further, very few ISPs actually employ anyone with half a clue anymore anyway. Trivial matters such as making DNS entries is beyond most ISPs' staff these days.

This must be a sign of the apocalypse. I am agreeing with Michael Sokolov.

As for the relic Copper Mountain DSLAMs, I've just bought one on eBay
and am now waiting for the UPS man.

Those "relics" are deployed by the dozen all over the country. I am currently responsible for two of them myself. Be prepared...the user interface is...erm, obtuse.

                   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL