Re: gEDA-user: OT: FPGAs, SDSL, Ronjas...

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 01:27:35PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> >>When the ISP detects this,
> >
> >Do you think that ISPs have nothing better to do than go into the low
> >level debug features of their DSLAMs, look at individual packets in
> >hex
> >etc. to detect that I started using a different implementation of
> >their
> >line management protocol?
>
>   Further, very few ISPs actually employ anyone with half a clue
> anymore anyway.  Trivial matters such as making DNS entries is beyond
> most ISPs' staff these days.
>
>   This must be a sign of the apocalypse.  I am agreeing with Michael
> Sokolov.

Why do you think it's a sign of the apocalypse? Who is Michael Sokolov?  I
can't find any entry for Michael Sokolov on Wikipedia.

The Apocalypse may have already began, because the star called Wormwood already
spread it's portion of death.  "Chernobyl" must be a Russian word for wormwood
(in Czech language, which is a slavic language too, there is a plant called
"Pelynek cernobyl", which means "Wormwood the black weed").

A star is physically an atomic reactor. In the old days when they wrote the
text they didn't have a word for "atomic reactor", so they probably used an
existing word describing an object with the same internal physical function.

But who cares about some apocalypse here apocalypse there? I currently care
about my amplifier to have fast enough edge reaction, clean clipping and not
oscillate.

When people manage to destroy the civilization, the effect for me will be there
will be lots of free abandoned metal all around from which I would build
Ronja's for free :)

CL<