Re: gEDA-user: PIC TQFP symbol

On 11/5/06, Vaughn Treude <vltreude@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Luciani wrote:
> On 11/4/06, Vaughn Treude <vltreude@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello all:
>> Excuse me if I've missed this in some obvious place, but I can't find a
>> symbol in standard library for the TQFP version of the PIC18F4420.  I
>> know that other gEDA contributors sometimes keep symbols on their own
>> sites.  Does anyone have one already done?
>> Thanks!
>> Vaughn Treude
>
> I have a footprint which *may* work ---
>
> QFP-80P-1380L1-1380L2-44N
>
> 0.8mm pitch, 13.8mm lead span, 44 pins

John,
Thanks, but what I was really looking for was the symbol with the TQFP
pinout, which is different than the DIP-40 pinout.
Vaughn

The pins on the footprint are numbered sequentially starting at 1. Pin functions are assigned in the schematic symbol no the footprint.

The specifications you want to look at are number of pins, pin spacing (pitch),
and lead span. You need to compare the footprint to the package
specification not the
schematic symbol.

(* jcl *)

--