Re: gEDA-user: PIC TQFP symbol

Mark Rages wrote:
On 11/4/06, Vaughn Treude <vltreude@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Luciani wrote:
> On 11/4/06, Vaughn Treude <vltreude@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello all:
>> Excuse me if I've missed this in some obvious place, but I can't find a
>> symbol in standard library for the TQFP version of the PIC18F4420. I
>> know that other gEDA contributors sometimes keep symbols on their own
>> sites. Does anyone have one already done?
>> Thanks!
>> Vaughn Treude
>
> I have a footprint which *may* work ---
>
> QFP-80P-1380L1-1380L2-44N
>
> 0.8mm pitch, 13.8mm lead span, 44 pins

John,
Thanks, but what I was really looking for was the symbol with the TQFP
pinout, which is different than the DIP-40 pinout.
Vaughn

It's not too hard to make your own using djboxsym. http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/tools/djboxsym.html

Mark,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did already make my own, by copying the file for the DIP-40 part and changing it, mostly by editing the text in emacs and then by moving stuff around in gschem. Next time I'll have to check out djboxsym.
Vaughn

If you don't want to install it, try the interactive interface I made:
http://vivara.net/cgi-bin/djboxsym.cgi

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail