Re: gEDA-user: Symbol with 20 pins for a module of 40 connections

Jeff VR wrote:

See pin/pad one and two.

The solid connection would do the trick and connect the pad and hole
but I see one problem with this.  Pads are going to remove the solder
mask and unlike a trace the melted paste (solder) will want to follow
the trace (pad) into the hole.

Maybe I should just add the holes as pins onto the schematic symbol

[jg]You already have that. so
I can make the connection with traces or lines.  I noticed on my
footprint I'm going to have to modify my pad slightly further away
from the pins in order to get an effective mask between the two.
[jg]Dan's newest proposed nopaste flag for pads will do what you want. Meanwhile, you could just leave off the connecting part in the footprint and do that in layout. The footprint will have two of every pin/pad number and demand they all be connected, which will get a trace between as you want.

John G