gEDA-user: replicating pcb layout cells

I just found out a different way to use the perl script pcb-matrix by:

John Luciani
www.luciani.org

He wrote it with such good documentation and meaningful variable names I could modify it in 5 minutes of reading to do a different process!

Normally, his script makes a copy of a layout cell, and increments all the refdes numbers of succeeding ones. I have some layout and a netlist with hierarchy, so I didn't want my sub circuit refdes's to increment, but to have a prefix instead. So far, I've made a little hack to turn off the incrementing and it didn't create any problems -- I'll be able to text edit and change the refdes's to have S1/, S2/ etc, and i may even take a hack at creating those prefixes with the script... The script works fine with the latest element file format even though he made it before it existed.

Thanks John L,

John G

pcb-matrix modified (pseudo diff):