Re: gEDA-user: furnace controller I/O port again

> DJ, Are you writing code for the Dallas 1-wire protocol?  Neat.

Yes.  The current board is bit-banged from a beige PC sitting on the
floor next to the furnace.  One PC parallel port talking to up to 16
1wire devices (depending on how many switches you're pressing ;) on
four busses.  Also bit banging all the serial lines for the LCDs and
the GPIOs for the furnace itself.

Lots of bit banging.

The new one will be bit-banged from a set of R8C microcontrollers.
One gumstix (xscale) has the "smarts", it's I2C line talks to five
R8C's.  Four are zone controllers; each manages the 1wire and serial
lines for that zone.  The fifth manages the 24VAC drivers for the
furnace.

Yes, I'll have a six-processor linux furnace.  Maybe three more in the
future if I upgrade the thermostats with MCUs also.