Re: gEDA-user: about DJ

On Nov 7, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Paul Bunyk wrote:
Brings back fond memories of compiling my code with PharLap, then with
djgpp and getting like 30% better performance with the latter! :-)
Moving to GNU toolchain completely right after that and to Linux
("Hey, it actually *comes* will all the tools!") around kernel version
0.93. First Slackware base install living on 16MB partition on my PC
with /usr/ NFS-mounted from Interactive UNIX server... 1991-1992, I
think...

Thanks, DJ!

I echo this "thanks" to DJ. I was working on a 386DX/20 running DOS, and had gotten about as far as I could with Turbo C. It was a good system, but it was like pulling teeth when compared to developing on [what at the time was my] modern system, a Sun 4/110 running SunOS 4.1. I finally found djgpp and it was like a breath of fresh air.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL