Re: Vendor FPGA tools (was Re: gEDA-user: Re: Pointer to 3d CAD?)

On Oct 31, 2006, at 1:40 AM, ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've tried it, but got turned off in utter disgust when I saw that the
thing is packaged in encrypted (!) ZIPs specifically to make it
impossible to bypass their stinky GUI installer.

The installer is indeed the worst part of the Xilinx setup. After it's installed, I too use the command-line-only programs. With some scripting, they embed nicely in my Makefiles.

I've about had it with the Xilinx GUI. Would you be willing to share your Makefiles?

                 -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL