Re: gEDA-user: PCB problems under OS X

Ian Barnes wrote:
Hi there,

I'm a new GEDA user just trying to get it all setup under OS X...

I installed the GEDA bundle through Fink, so all dependancies were checked and installed too. GSchem runs fine and I was able to follow the tutorial at : http://members.dslextreme.com/users/billw/gsch2pcb/ tutorial.html

But problems arise when it comes to PCB. I can load in the design okay and the parts are all present, I can also move all the parts around. Where I grind to a halt is loading the netlist.

When I "File -> Open netlist file" and select the netlist it proceeds to another dialog box that lists Net Names and nodes and has a few buttons on it, but I cannot interact with this dialog box.

A couple of questions:

- what version of the compiler?  [gcc --version]

- what version of gtk?  [pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0]

- power pc or intel?

- Is this 10.4.x?  Others have reported this problem on ppc with 10.4.x

I have tried to reproduce this but I think I had a newer gtk installed than the other person who had reported the problem. Unfortunately I don't have a Mac and was just using a friends to try and track this down. I wasn't in a position to ask him to downgrade gtk which I think would have been the next step.

Let me guess, the library window also doesn't work?

-Dan