Re: gEDA-user: Re: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings (6-10)

Hi Kai-Martin,

I took a look at the dialogs. See below.

On Sunday 19 November 2006 01:32, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
[...]
> 7) gschem usability: Some modal dialogs can hide behind the main
> window. Thus it can be hidden but still claims focus on all keyboard
> and most mouse input. The exception for the mouse is a left-click
> which will bring the corresponding window to the front. This will
> leave you with a irritatingly non responsive front window because the
> modal dialog still claims all the actions. For real world example
> triple click on an attribute ---> The first two clicks will bring up
> the single attribute editor. The third click will bring the main
> window to the front. The main window will seem like dead. Menus and
> buttons not working no reaction to keypress. If you use your window
> manager to bring the attribute editor to the front again, you will
> discover, that the keyboard input was used to redefine the attribute
> value.

- the print dialog
is modal and should stay in front of gschem.

- multiattrib edit
is modal and should stay in front of gschem

- edit line width
- edit fill type
both are modal and should stay in front of gschem

> 8) gschem usability: Hidden non-modal dialogs remain hidden if their
> accelerator key is pressed. Thus nothing seems to happen although the
> correct accel key is used. I often stumble into this with the
> component select window. This window stays open after I have placed a
> component but gets hidden by the full screen main window. It should
> come to front on the accel-key [i].

I've version 20061020. And I haven't found a dialog with that behaviour.

> 9) gschem usability: The find dialog is modal and needs to be closed
> before the schematics can be worked on. Is there a reason for this
> inconvenience?

- find dialog
is modal but should be non-modal
- hide text
is modal but should be non-modal (and there's no cancel button)
- show text
is modal but should be non-modal (and there's no cancel button)

Regards
Werner