Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:39:13 +0000 (UTC)
From: Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: gEDA-user: Re: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings (6-10)
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx

Hi Werner.

> I took a look at the dialogs. See below.

Ok, I checked the different dialogs too and got different results

> - the print dialog
> is modal and should stay in front of gschem.

is non modal and does not stay in front. Should be modal and stay in front.

> - multiattrib edit
> is modal and should stay in front of gschem

same here. This is IMHO ok.

> - edit line width > - edit fill type > both are modal and should stay in front of gschem

Both are non-modal and do not stay in front. They grab keyboard input
though. This is not ok.

Some more dialogs:

- select component
is non-modal and does not stay in front (ok)

- single attribute editor
is modal and does not stay in front, though it should.

- Text entry...
is non-modal, does not stay in front, but does not come to front if [at]
is pressed though it should.

- snap grid
- text size
Both are modal and do not stay in front of gschem, but capture keyboard
events while hidden.

- Auto number text
  is modal and stays in front (ok)

- show log window
  is non modal and does not stay in front of gschem (ok)

- show coord window
  is non modal and does not stay in front, though it should stay in front.
  A hidden coords window kind of defeats the idea.

>> This window stays open after I have placed a >> component but gets hidden by the full screen main window. It should >> come to front on the accel-key [i]. > > I've version 20061020. And I haven't found a dialog with that behaviour.

So this particular issue is already resolved.
But wait, Maybe it depends on the window manager. What window manager do
you use? Which version of GTK2? I use metacity v2.14.5 and libgtk2 v2.8.20

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog