Re: gEDA-user: Crash with lesstif version of pcb

DJ Delorie wrote:

#2 0x40127026 in XmStringCreateLocalized (text=0x0) at XmString.c:4427

This looks suspicious. I'll investigate when I get a chance.

DJ,

More info on this problem (hopefully useful to others)

I'm not sure why but there were some missing links in /usr/lib to some of the required shared libraries. In particular, there was no /usr/lib/libXm.so.

There is however a libXm.so.3.
Just for grins I make a link to it.  (Don't know if it will be the correct
version etc. or what).  To start with I re-do the make, make install steps.

This actually works - the program now starts and puts up a main display window,
but the menus are incomplete. I now get pages of messages that say:

Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback

In this case however, libXt appears to be intact. Next I tried to do a clean
sweep: make clean; ./configure; make; make install;, but the result was the
same - apparently some Xt functions are broken or maybe I've got a mismatched
libXm, or ....?

Joe T

(One final note: the first guess might be that the gdlib install is broken.
However, gdlib was built from the SystemPackages dir on the CD and is
(hopefully) the correct one.)