Re: gEDA-user: Added PCB output to gnetman

Bill Cox wrote:
Hi, Dan.

DataDraw is already on Sourceforge:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/datadraw

As I've said before, gnetman has a modern netlist database suitable for
EDA tool development.  That's what makes things like flattening easier,
or translating between various netlist formats, or writing place and
route tools.  I've worked with multiple schematic editors before: their
data structures are optimized for schematics, rather than netlist
manipulation.  It's just a different kind of beast.

However, I have no agenda... I just want to use gschem and still have
all the power I want to manipulate designs with algorithms.  I'm not
trying to promote anything.

It is not clear from whats there on sourceforge. Is it true that the datadraw gui is only for windows right now? I couldn't even figure out where to begin in building datadraw. I tried

cd da
./makemake
make

which failed.  Haven't tried to figure out why yet.

Any thought of a port to gtk or motif?

-Dan