gEDA-user: Upgrading gEDA

I had an old installation of gEDA that segfaulted every 5 minutes. I have been
told to upgrade. So I downloaded gschem and it complained about libgeda so I
downloaded libgeda. Compiled and installed libgeda and compiled and installed
gschem. Now gschem doesn't segfault but generates invalid postscript so I
cannot update the Ronja website because every time I type "make rsync", it
ends up with an error message during compilation of the schematic into a PNG
through postscript.

I have been told that this is because something in my installation of gEDA
is screwed.

Did I screw it because I downloaded gschem and libgeda and compiled and
installed them? This is the upgrade method that appeared obvious to me.

If the correct upgrade method is a different one, is it described somewhere
on the website? I found just download, but no upgrade.

CL<