Re: gEDA-user: latest mini-project: R8C SDIP adapter

> For rosin flux I usually use rubbing alcohol.  I am not sure that this is
> the best flux cleaner but it seems to work pretty well.

We used to use isopropyl alcohol (which I believe is the same as rubbing
alcohol) to soften the flux, then something called Freon TF to wash it
off.  Using only isopropyl made the flux sticky and horrible unless you
used a great deal of it, whereas softening first with the isopropyl and
then rinsing with the Freon TF worked quickly and effectively.

We had the isopropyl in special squeeze-bottles with a brush head in the
'spout'.  I suspect the Freon TF was bad for the ozone layer and may
have been replaced by something else now.

Karl.