Re: gEDA-user: gEDA user with problems

Adrian Nania wrote:

> 1) I am trying to activate the auto numbering for components placement.
> I modified /etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc to:
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Better leave the systemrc alone and copy the relevant lines to
  $HOME/.gEDA/gschemrc

> (load (string-append gedadatarc "/scheme/auto-uref.scm"))
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd guess, the scheme script is at a different place. Probably it is
in  	/usr/share/gEDA/scheme

You may try
	locate auto-uref.scm
to find it.

> 2) There is a bug on gschem? On the library list, the alphabetically
> order is scrambled.

This may not be a bug, but a feature. E.g, I like to have my local
clustered at the end of the list. Libraries are listed in the order they
are added by the various config files. Thus you can put them in any
order you like.

> I have a temporary work around:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=282040&highlight=geda
> 3)I am trying to define a default working path for my projects:
> ;(source-library "${HOME}/projects/my_schematics")
> (source-library "/home/projects")
                        ^
This is fairly unusual. On most unixoid systems the directory layer
above /home contains the home directories of users. If you want to share
the projects between users, it is good practice to put the corresponding
 directory somewhere above /usr/local/
Does /home/projects exist on your system?

> but I can not see any effect.

The source-library paths tell gschem2pcb and pcb where to find the
footprints. This will not affect gschem in any way. Use it to give the
path to your local footprint files.

To set the working directory I do a cd to the directory and call gschem
over there. I wrote a little wrapper script to do this automagically:
---------------------
#!/bin/bash
PROJECTDIR=/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda
PROJECT=DL-Driver
BOARDNAME=$1

cd $PROJEKTDIR/$PROJECT
gschem $BOARDNAME.sch

HTH,

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Lilalaser 			   	   tel: +49.511.4850615
Kai-Martin Knaak	                   fax: +49.511.4818399