gEDA-user: Re: latest mini-project: R8C SDIP adapter

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:08:17 +1300, Karl. wrote:

> We used to use isopropyl alcohol (which I believe is the same as rubbing
> alcohol) to soften the flux, then something called Freon TF to wash it
> off.

If this is the solvent made by Dupont, it is not exactly friendly to the
environment. Chlorofluoro compounds like these are believed to cause what
is commonly known as the ozone hole. Consequently, use of this chemical
should be restricted to cases where absolutely necessary.
(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorofluorocarbon#Environmental_issues)

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak