gEDA-user: Re: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings (16-20)

These are the next five points in my list of remarks.

16) Diodes in the default library are connected differently:
Some come with the anode at pin 1
	(diode-1.sym, diode2.sym, led-2.sym, schottky-1.sym, zener-4.sym).
Others have pin 1 connected to the cathode
	(diode-3.sym, led-3.sym, smda05-1.sym, zener-3.sym)
Is there some consensus what is "right", or is it yet another cause for
religious war?

17) Missing feature: "Replace specific text" Sometimes I'd like to set
values of a bunch of syms. I can find the instances with "Find specific
text", but I can't seem to change them all to some value.

18) In print, the font size relative to the symbols is only about 60%
compared to the representation on the screen. Is this deliberate?

19) Some seemingly small changes might improve autonumber a lot:
	19a) Maybe I missed something, but I couldn't find a way to match all
	(unnumbered) symbols. I seemed to be confined to those, whose refdes
	starts with "R", "C", or something I enter in the field.

	19b) Feature request: An option to set the default start number
	according to the page number. The option might look for the page
	attribute of a titlepage object.

	19c) Missing feature: I found no way to un-number a selection of symbols.

	19d) The autonumber dialog should remember its last configuration. Right
	now it always starts with the same default options. I find myself
	reentering the start number and the numbering style very often.

	19e) Bug: Autonumber dialog should be non modal, but is modal. (This
	might have been mentioned before)

20) Feature request: Visual feedback which component an attribute belongs
to. Sometimes attributes get separated from their symbol when I rearrange
a schematic. They were selected accidently and end up sitting at some odd
place. It would be nice, if the symbol would give a visible clue on
selection of the attribute. Right now it already works for the opposite
situation -- The attribute gets highlighted too, if the corresponding
symbol is selected.

Any comments?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--