gEDA-user: Re: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings (11-15)

Nest five wishes, and newbie blunders ahead:

11) Non-feature gschem: Currently, the size of handles of lines, wires and
objects scale with increasing zoom. Thus for small lines the handles
overlap, if I zoom in closely, making it difficult to choose the right
one. When zoomed out a lot the opposite problem arises. Handles shrink to
below a pixel, which makes it hard to hit them in the first place. Please,
let the size of the handle be constant, regardless the zoom factor of the
window. This is how virtually all vector graphics applications known to me
handle the handles.

12) Feature Request: It would be convenient to have some script magic fill
in proper global attributes of the design. These could be attributes of
the title page object. This may include the date of last modification,
name of the project, author, number of sheets, etc. I assigned these
attributes to my local copies of the title page. This would be perfect, if
I wouldn't have to give the values manually.

13) Missing feature: There seems to be no dialog to show the hidden
attributes of an object. The action "Show hidden text" is not really an
option as it clutters the screen with hidden attributes of all objects. In
addition this action does not allow to modify the hidden attributes.
Suggestion: A dialog called by [e-h] that shows the currently hidden
attributes of a selected objects. Inside the dialog there might be a way
to mark attributes for promotion into the visible domain.

14) Please give some optical feedback if the first letter of a keyboard
accel has been detected. Ordinary GTK applications will open the
corresponding menu if the a proper key-Combo is pressed. E.g, [alt-f] will
most probably open the file menu. It would be nice, if gschem would follow
this de facto standard.

15) If the load command does not find a script given in gschemrc, a
slightly misleading error message is produced:
          (load "/usr/local/geda/share/gEDA/scheme/auto-uref.scm")
	Probably parenthesis mismatch in
	/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda/Laser-boards/gschemrc Most recently read form:
	(#@load /usr/local/geda/shar/gEDA/scheme/auto-uref.scm)
Error message should hint for a wrong path too.

Any comments?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak