gEDA-user: OT: low noise microphone amp

Seeing there has been some discussion about low noise design, I'll throw this in.

I had to repair a Behringer 24/4/2 mixing desk this week. I found the following two points interesting:

i) Only one IC type was used throughout the desk. A dual op-amp SIP NJM4580L. Channel input, EQ, output, headphone etc. Possibly used as bus summing amp too, but not sure without a circuit diagram - there were a couple of discreets around the bus master area. Maybe not optimal, but it sure would cut down on BOM items;

ii) Mic input diff amps are discreet. No fancy low-noise instrumentation amp. Each channel had 4x A1084 PNP transistors and 4x MPSA06 FETs, feeding a NJM4580L op-amp. I guess the PNPs were the amp & the FETs were current sources (???).
--
Greg