Re: gEDA-user: OpAmp with internally connected pins, need advice from experts

On 11/1/07, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still not sure how to BEST handle devices with internally connected
> pins. I.e. THS4303 from TI.
>
> Positive power pins: 9,10,11,12
> Negative power pins: 1,2,3,4
> Output signal pins: 5,6,7,8
>
> There are 4 possibilities:
>
> 1. Draw all pins in symbol
> 2. Make separate symbol for power pins (and draw 4 output pins?)
> 3. Use special footprint with has pads with identical numbers, so pins
> are connected.
> 4. Draw one visible pin in symbol for each signal, and use net attribute
> like net=netTHS4303Vplus:9,10,11,12

I would draw the THS4303 as shown in the datasheet --- square enclosing an opamp
with input and feedback resistors and one symbol pin for each physical pin.
I would put Vs+ on the top, Vs- on the bottom, Vout on the right, Vin+
and Vin- on the
left. I would probably put /PD and the NC either on either the
bottom-left or the left-bottom.

Generally for opamps (and analog components) I like to see the power pins
on one of the slots. For logic devices I use separate power symbols.

(* jcl *)
--
http://www.luciani.org