Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Level DRC DIscussion

U1

pin  1   "D1"  pas
pin  2   "NC"  pas
pin  3   "D3"  pas
pin  4   "S3"  pas
pin  5   "S4"  pas
pin  6   "D4"  pas
pin  7   "NC"  pas
pin  8   "D2"  pas
pin  9   "S2"  pas
pin 10   "IN2"  in
pin 11   "V+"  pwr
pin 12   "VL"  pwr
pin 13   "GND" pwr
pin 14   "V-"  pwr
pin 15   "IN1"  in
pin 16   "S1"  pas

J1  pins are   pas

nets:

U1.1 U1.3 U1.4 U1.5 U1.6 U1.8 J1.A4
U1.9 U1.10 U1.11 U1.12 U1.13 U1.14 U1.15 J1.B3
U1.16 J1.A4

First:  J1.A4 is used twice in effect reducing the nets to two nets

U1.1 U1.3 U1.4 U1.5 U1.6 U1.8 U1.16 J1.A4           All pins pas
U1.9 U1.10 U1.11 U1.12 U1.13 U1.14 U1.15 J1.B3      pins include types
such as pas, in and pwr

For the second net arcording to the drc2 matrix

1) pas may connect to pas, in or pwr
2) in may connect to in or pwr

There for DRC2 thinks that there are no connection errors.

>From my reading of DRC2 it tests for

1) Non numbered parts
2) Duplicate references
3) One connection nets
4) net pin types
5) slots
6) duplicated slots
7) un-used slots

I would expect complaints about duplicate slots and un-used slots. Not
about the way the pins are hooked together. One obvious weakness is that
the test schematic connects, V+, V-, VL and GND together. These are all
type pwr and thus according to the matrix they may be connected. I think
this is a weakness of pins not being heavier.

Steve Meier