Re: gEDA-user: gschem, PCB and xgsch2pcb icons

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 14:39 -0600, John Griessen wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
> >icons for use as launchers:
>

> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/icons/gschem_48x48.png
> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/icons/pcb_48x48.png
> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/icons/xgsch2pcb_48x48.png
>
> > I'm not only open, but very keen for better offers, so
>
> Here are some more.  Just sketched mockups.  I'll tidy the ones people like.

I like the blending / merging between the schematic and layout images.
It is sortof what I was trying to go for with my xgsch2pcb attempt.

I get the "evolution" metaphor between a symbolic capacitor and its
board layout, but can't picture how it would look "finished", and
whether others would get it. (I like the idea though).

Starting from inkscape as others have suggested (when doing more
detailed versions) seems good, as I'm rubbish at trying to draw
complex / curved shapes using pixels in gimp. (Can't anti-alias in my
head).

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton