Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-dev: multiple windows on (kind of) the same gschem

Peter Clifton wrote:
 >. . . there isn't currently a way to have two open views of the same
 > live schematic. It was the desire for such flexibility which drove me to
 > start removing SCREEN coordinates cached from libgeda (they'd be
 > different in both views). This was over a year ago ;)

But, it somehow works...if you do it just right...

I noticed there is a little extra to get results -- I could only go from
the first window to the second window.

In the other direction, buffer was empty.  and, of course there is no
updating of what's in one window in the other...so
a new placement from the buffer is seen in second window only.

Let's keep this accidental feature enabled as we go, if possible...
gschem version 20070526 or slightly newer from source is the one I just tested.

John G

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1