gEDA-user: hotplate DEsoldering

I just had an occasion to remove a bunch of SMT parts from a proto
board (so they can be moved to the production board).  I used the
hotplate, because many of them had solder under the part, not next to.

What I did:

Put a small dot of solder paste in each corner of the board (for small
boards, one dot in the middle will do).

Place the boards on the hotplate as if you were soldering them.

Turn on the hotplate.

When the paste dots melt, hold down the board with a screwdriver or
something, and use tweezers to quickly remove all the parts you want.
If you don't hold the board down, the surface tension tends to bring
the board with the part.

Move the board off the hotplate and remove the remaining parts the
usualy way (in my case, with the talon).