Re: gEDA-user: hotplate DEsoldering

On Saturday 10 November 2007 02:36:05 pm DJ Delorie wrote:
> I just had an occasion to remove a bunch of SMT parts from a proto
> board (so they can be moved to the production board).  I used the
> hotplate, because many of them had solder under the part, not next to.

If you don't care if the board is trashed and you are after the parts,
a small Blow Torch is effective, but smells *REALLY REALLY BAD*,
do it outside or open all the windows.

The solder generally melts long before the parts get hot enough to be damaged.

The Preface to Murphy's Law:
 We, the willing,
  Lead by the unknowing.
   Are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...
    We have done so much for so long...
     With so little...
      We are now qualified to do anything...
       With nothing...