gEDA-user: Questions... pcb 20070912 preferences menu

Peter,

>I've not noticed having to do that myself on Ubuntu (Gutsy now). I have
>installed:
>
>  libgd2-xpm
>  libgd2-xpm-dev
>  libjpeg62
>  libjpeg62-dev
>
>  (I'm not sure whether the latter two are needed).
>
>  What was the exact error reported from configure or make?

   I checked and found that I did not have libgd2-xpm-dev installed.
   Everything else was there.  I did so and then got a difference
   config summary from gd:

   ** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.34:

   Support for PNG library:          yes
   Support for JPEG library:         yes
   Support for Freetype 2.x library: yes
   Support for Fontconfig library:   yes
   Support for Xpm library:          yes
   Support for pthreads:             yes

   Prior to this the JPEG library support was marked no.

   Can't remember when I saw the error.  I beleve it was during
   pcb's make step.  I used to have to include a switch that
   indicated no JPEG support.  This time the whole process was
   clean.

   Thanks for your help.  Should I report the bug somewhere?

   Roger