Re: gEDA-user: 13mm X 27mm board

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 01:58:24PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I seems to me that 13x27mm isn't really enough room to maneuver when
> > placing components and such anyway,
>
> The smallest board I've hand-populated was 5mm x 12mm.  You get used
> to it.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear.  I meant placing components virtually, in
pcb, during layout.  I wasn't talking about actual assembly and
soldering.  I often start boards in pcb about 50% larger than I
actually want them to be initially, draw an outline, and use the space
outside the outline for temporary staging of components.  This reduces
clutter in my working area, and gives me a place to paste in groups of
new components.  Once everything has found a home inside the outline,
I reduce the board size setting in pcb to be the actual size.

--
Randall